This drink has lots of different names, such as, detox water, fruit infused water, aguas fresca, or even vitamin water (and so many more creative names) that I’m simply going to call it as it is; fruit (and/in) water.
Now, I’m no nutritionist (or anything related to food and health specialist) so I’m not sure that these drinks really do miracles, as the inter webs say, like fat burning or prevents you from having diseases (and what not) but I do know enough to say that water is really good for you and so are fruits. [Yes, I know everything in moderation.]
So here’s a couple recipes to try out one day for whatever reason you’re doing it for. It’s really simple all you need is:
- Ice (optional)
You will also need:
- Bottle (or anything to contain the liquid)
- Knife & cutting board
- Chose fruit
- Cut the fruit in slices
- Put fruit(s) in the bottle
- Add water
- Put in ice or in the fridge
- I usually let it diffuse for minimum 20 minutes, sometimes I put it in the fridge from 1-4 hours and overnight.
You can also use vegetables, chia seeds, fresh herbs, or almost anything really. It's like a cold tea. Bonus: You get to eat the fruits and/or vegetables after drinking the water, like a 2 in 1 deal! (A drink AND a snack!)
So here’s some inspiration:
- Cucumber and grapes
- Strawberry and lemon
- Apple and cinnamon stick
- All types of berries
- One ingredient by itself; chia seeds, mint leaves, etc.
- Cucumber, chia seeds (3 table spoon) and blueberries
- Blueberries, lemon, and orange *
*So the blueberries, lemon, and orange infused water actually made me feel good. I don’t know if its like a placebo effect but I drank this while I was sick (multiple times) and I didn’t feel so miserable (like I would have).